Hennerton Queen – Andrews slipper stern launch
Andrews slipper launch - hull number 376
Hennerton Queen was originally called Greyhound and has had only three owners since she was constructed by the Thames at the eponymous Andrews boatyard in 1953. The current owners have enjoyed using and maintaining her for the last thirty years while they were riparian owners with a boathouse. Their boatbuilder Trevor Green unfortunately passed away having done a lovely job of rebuilding the stern. Two years ago Paul Brownjohn revarnished the decks and she is presented in good order, ready to cruise. The current owner remembers finding the boat in Hambleden looking very sad and decided to have her rebuilt. This job fell to Trevor who was working at Hambleden Mill Marina at that time. The decks were rebuilt of larch and obeche on oak frames while the hull is mahogany on oak and painted white. Unusually she has four cane seats rather than the aft bench seat however with the aft bench in place she can seat five and perhaps looks more traditional. With the four comfy chairs in position and the two side tables dining on board is extremely comfortable.
While the Thames slipper stern launch was a popular site from the nineteen thirties onwards on the Thames, Greyhound was originally delivered to owners on the River Dee and thence returned to the Thames being renamed Duchess of Marlow.
Call the office on 01491 578870 to view near Henley on Thames.