An Elegant and Rare Beaver Stern Launch
Lady Genevieve is an early, rare and elegant Beaver Stern Launch built around 1926. She was built for a member of the aristocracy whose family is reputed to have taken Princess Margaret for many trips on board. In 1947 Lady Genevieve carried both Princess Margaret and Princess Elizabeth to the Henley Royal Regatta. In the early 1950s her new owner moored and maintained her at Messum of Bray where she remained until 1968.
Lady Genevieve then went to Peter Freebody for some restoration work and remained in his care for regular maintenance until 1981. Subsequently she was sold to a resident of Wargrave who kept her ouside his riverside property during the season and under cover at Bushnell’s of Wargrave in the winter.
The cabin measures 3.2 metres by 2 metres so has room for sleeping and the addition of a private loo if required.
Her present owner purchased her in 2009 and has made several improvements and undertaken some refurbishment. During this time she has been used for luxury charter. She is afloat for viewing in Henley on Thames by appointment.