Regina – a JW Brooke slipper stern launch
Thirties Classic from the Brooke Marine stable
Regina is one of a handful of slipper stern motor launches built on the Norfolk Broads by the famous Brooke Marine yard in the early nineteen thirties when slipper launches were beginning to be popular on the Thames, and every boat yard worth its salt was building its own version.
While a little shorter than the standard Andrews 25 footer Regina offers the same amount of seating with two Lloyd loom chairs and an aft bench. She came to the Thames about 20 years ago when she was completely rebuilt by Woottens of Cookham Dean. Since that time she has had three caring owners and has been maintained latterly by Henley Sales and Charter after some substantial work for the previous owners with the former excellent Classic Boatworks outfit in Norfolk; she is one of the oldest slipper launches on the Thames – full of original character.
Three years ago we replaced the reconditioned Morris Vedette Mark 5 overhead valve 4 cylinder 1000cc model with a 3 kw Aquamot electric inboard, on board charger etc.
During the Classic Boatworks restoration the following refurbishments were completed:
- Complete new wood keel
- New automatic bilge pump
- All metal fittings stripped and replated chrome
- All decking and hull stripped and revarnished with seven coats of varnish leaving a superb finish
- New drive shaft and rudder
- Installed weather proof extendable cover in navy blue for those odd occasions when there are showers
- New cushions for seats in matching navy blue weather proof fabric
- New varnished wooden steering wheel. Was standard metal one before.
- New port and starboard lights
- New horn
The Boat Safety Certificate is valid until 2019 and the EA licence current.
There is a cockpit tonneau for storage and a hood was fitted four years ago.
Now available for viewing at our Beale Park Boat store where the boat is to be revarnished during the winter of 2018/19.
Call 01491 578870 for an appointment to view.