Henley Sales & Charter 2022
Please note that by chartering a boat from Henley Sales & Charter Ltd. you are agreeing to the following terms and condition of hire.
Our vessels all operate within the code of conduct adhered to by Upper Thames Passenger Boat Association and where appropriate governed in their operation by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
- A provisional booking is held for 24 hours. If confirmation of the booking with a deposit is not received within this period the reservation is automatically cancelled unless specific arrangements are made with HSC staff.
- Details of the trip, such as destination, catering, bar etc. should be clearly stated when making the reservation. Any requested changes within 30 days of the booking are at the Company’s discretion.
- During the hire period, the vessel shall remain under the complete control of the captain and crew and the Hirer shall be responsible for the conduct of the passengers on board.
- The Company may, at the discretion of the captain, vary the course of the voyage should the circumstances so necessitate. The Company does not guarantee that any vessel will commence or complete any journey or any part thereof in any given time or if conditions are beyond the control of the captain.
- The Company will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, illness, accident or delay to persons embarked or their possessions, howsoever caused, sustained on board the vessel or embarking or disembarking, unless it can be proven to be caused by the negligence of the Company or its staff members.
- No food or drink may be brought on board by passengers other than by prior arrangement with the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to alter prices without notice where there is a change in VAT or mooring costs outside of our control.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to make sure that the members of the party are aware of the Conditions of Hire.
- Any damages caused to the vessel by guests behaving negligently will be charged for. Losses, damage and breakages to any fixtures, fittings or equipment will be charged for. Also included is the excessive breakage of glass.
- Guests are expected to behave in a responsible manner which ensures their own safety on board. This includes responsible drinking, suitable clothing and behaviour in accordance with the instructions of the skipper and crew. We reserve the right to stop the serving of alcohol and/or bring the charter to an early finish if the Captain deems necessary.
- The maximum boat capacity number is given to the Hirer when the booking is being made. On the day of charter the Hirer is forbidden to allow more passengers on board as the boat will no longer be insured under the Company’s public liability insurance policy.
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm a booking.
- Final payment is due 28 days prior to the charter date. Overdue accounts will be charged at 5% per month until account has been settled in full.
- Cancellations by the Hirer made more than 28 days prior to the charter date will incur an admin fee of 10% of deposit paid.
- Cancellations by the Hirer made between 28 and 14 days prior to the charter date will incur a fee of 50% of the charter fee.
- Cancellations by the Hirer within 14 days of the charter date will lead to the forfeit of the full charter fee.
- 17) If the Company is forced to cancel due to adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or any other problem meaning your cruise cannot go ahead as planned, the Company will attempt to provide an alternative – this may be a different boat, venue, date or a static event. If the alternative is rejected by the Hirer, a full refund, minus a 10% administration fee, will be given.
- All boats are non-smoking unless stated otherwise.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like more information contact us using the information below.
Henley Sales & Charter Limited
29 Station Road
Last Edited on 2022-05-07